Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Family Home Evening at our house...

So we are doing really well this year at making sure we have FHE every week, and so far, we haven't missed once!! I'm really excited because the kids are really into it (who knew) and look forward to it, which is great! Shawn always asks what day it is when I pick the kids up from school in hopes that it is Tuesday (our FHE night)!

All of the older kids love it, and Paul & I have fun - I love finding fun lessons & trying to create a fun treat to match the lesson - i.e. the fruits of the spirit = fruit loop cake etc. Much to our surprise however, is that the person who seems to enjoy this the most is Small Paul. He loves sitting at the table and screaming as loud as he can. The rest of us can't help but laugh, which makes him do it again & again, smiling and shaking with excitement. Unfortunately this behavior has moved beyond the FHE table and out into the world. Any time he is sitting on anyone's lap at a table - in a restaurant, while I'm conducting sharing time, during a Primary Presidency meeting, the school office etc, he sees an audience & goes into his screaming routine. I am sure that this will only be cute for a short time & then I will try to figure out how to break him of this habit, but for now this is how we start FHE every week, and greet the world.

We always end with a treat, and this week Small Paul has decided that he too should be part of the treat eating...



1 comment:

  1. How cute. Lily tries to do the same thing. She wants to eat EVERYTHING we are eating. Lily is screaming too... all the time. We were at the library today and she just kept yelling and squealing and screeching. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete