Friday, February 5, 2010

Terror in the high desert...

As I have mentioned earlier, I hate birds. Yes, I know, hate is a strong word I don't allow the kids to use, but there just isn't any other word that can describe my level of dislike for the germy creatures. Imagine my surprise, when I looked out my kitchen window on a bright and sunny morning and saw THIS on the neighbor's roof!




This monster was so large that I had to call Paul over to make sure that it was real. He thought it was the greatest thing ever, and went outside to get a better look because he is crazy like that. Upon closer examination Paul decided that the creature was over two feet tall, which for some reason made the whole even more exciting for him. He even grabbed the California bird book & tried to figure out what it was - possible a great blue herring? Whatever - I would have thrown a rock or something, but the bird was watching me, I'm sure of it.

Eventually he flew away, much to Paul's dismay - he was hoping to keep it as a pet. My ever supporting children were thrilled to hear the story, and are all hopeful that this creature will return. Shawn insists that the bird is nearby still and is in fact "stalking" me. Thanks Shawn!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. And I love that you are afraid of birds. Haha.

    Someday I will buy you a pet bird. A big one. Maybe an Emu.

    ReplyDelete