We had such a wonderful time this past week hanging out in Tahoe (thanks again Debbie & Craig!!!) and OH MY GOODNESS did we have fun!!! We went sledding, built a snow-woman named Lily, visited Circus Circus where the kids won a ton of stuffed animals, learned to ski (well, the four bigger kids did), and had some great family time. It is always so beautiful up there and we are all always sad to leave.
As with any event with our family, there were a few casualties...
#1 - upon our arrival, Paul bonked his melon on a cabinet corner and we found a great urgent care just down the street that stapled his forehead back together again - it looks like it is healing well now...hooray!
#2 - on our second night, Small Paul came down with the flu that I had suffered with the week prior. He went from being totally normal, to throwing up 8 times in an hour & a half. At that point I said a little prayer for him & when I handed him over to Paul so I could take a break, he said one too, and that was the end of the flu! He went to sleep and woke up several hours later hungry and acting as if nothing had ever happened! Yay!
#3 - the car was a two for one event - on the way to Tahoe the CD player died, which made things a bit more boring around the Mammoth area when we had no radio reception and Shelby made up wonderful rap songs with creative lyrics such as:
Pancakes, they're flat, they're round, they're awesome (repeat 3 times)
Pancakes, got smooshed by a car (repeat 3 times)
Fried on a griddle
We endured about 15 repetitions of the above song when I requested that we play the quiet game, which, by the way, doesn't work once your kids catch on to the real point of the game...
We also had a headlight burn out which wasn't a big deal, in fact the super nice Napa employee even changed the bulb for us! Paul has informed me that neither of these events count as a mechanical failure and therefore cannot be used in any future discussions debating the need for a new vehicle.
#4 - The most tragic of all... on the last day in Tahoe, as I was packing up the car & running last minute errands...my ipod touch dissapeared *SOB* I L.O.V.E.D. that ipod. It was my most favor-ist toy. I downloaded so many apps which I used ALL THE TIME but alas, there is not an app for a careless ipod owner. Maybe someone will find it, see that my last map gave directions to our house from Tahoe & they will deliver it to me?
Overall, not a bad trip for us - only one visit to urgent care (two if you count the staple removal), and now we know where to take the kids if we have a future event with the kids. The kids were all afraid of the ski lifts, but were willing to walk their skis up the beginner hill at Homewood over & over for hours, so we're encouraged. We will be watching craigslist & garage sales etc for skis so next year we won't have to rent them. Not sure where we will put them though, this was our first trip that involved a huge cargo pack on the top of the suburban - we probably looked a bit like the Griswolds, but at least there was not a dog being pulled behind us...
Jealous, jealous, jealous. (But not of Paul or Small Paul.) I'm sure your ipod will show up... maybe you already found it. Glad you had a fun trip.
ReplyDeleteRead your comment about goodwill in your area..
ReplyDeletenever find any good stuff..just feel the need for a shower?
Here in Denver, we have a good number of DIFFERENT GW's..so i make the rounds..my favorite is close to home, so they know me well there.
also, once a month, usually the first Saturday, the entire store is 1/2 off EVERYTHING in the store!
I support mine and they support me by being informative and helpful!
happy GoodWill shopping..
Loui♥