Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hooray, she is here!

Well, I am so excited to be sitting in a hospital room tonight holding my sweet, beautiful, and sleepy baby girl! I will post pics soon, but right now she looks like Small Paul did at about a month, which makes sense since she stayed in a month longer than he did, for which I have already forgiven her. Her hair is as dark as Reagan's though, which is a surprise, but fun, because she has kind of a lot of hair...

Getting her here wasn't too tough (I may have said something different yesterday). She wasn't coming on her own so I was induced yesterday afternoon. The pitocin didn't do much so my midwife broke my water, which was a game changer for awhile. After I got stuck for a few hours and was getting tired, I agreed to an epideral in hopes that it would help me to relax a bit. I had one last time and not only did it hurt going in, it didn't work very well :(. This time was different, thankfully! It didn't hurt, numbed me nicely, but made me throw up as soon as it went in, which was sad. After I threw up for a bit I was able to sleep, which was nice! I napped for about 45 minutes and woke up throwing up really hard. I startled Paul who had been sleeping, and he knocked something over, making a big bang! I told him the baby was crowning, but he didn't believe me. The nurse came in because she heard the commotion, I told her the baby was coming out, she moved my blanket and sure enough, Emily was out all the way to her tummy, the nurse turned to grab gloves and Emily slipped out the rest of the way! Paul believed me then!

So, our very special girl, was born in a special way, on a special day, 11/11/11! Not only will she get to take her birthday off from school because of Veteran's day, her Daddy will be home from work for the holiday too. The kids are excited that Harry Potter 7 part 2 was released on DVD on her birthday too. I'm just glad she is here, safe, sound, and healthy in my arms and in our family!

1 comment:

  1. Now, that's a story to remember! (So very excited for all of you! Love you!)

    ReplyDelete