We have a woman in out stake who is a lot like the rest of us moms try to be. A stay at home, busy mom of 5 kids, all under the age of 10, busy with church callings, cub scouts, play dates etc...
Thursday, while leaving her home with 3 of her kids, and 3 others who were over for a play date, the dog came running out of the garage. She hopped out of the van to grab the dog, but the van started rolling. While desperately trying to stop the van, she tripped and was run over. It took quite awhile for help to arrive, and during this time the kids had exited the van to see what had happened to their mom, with one of them screaming "Mom wake up!". It has been touch and go, with much fasting & praying over the past few days as her family members arrived from Utah.
This evening she was declared brain dead and passed away. I cannot imagine her young husbands pain, losing his companion at the age of 33, or how he is going to explain this to their kids. Her poor parents, what pain can be worse than losing a child? Her youngest children never had the chance to experience what life had to offer with her as their mommy.
I am grateful for the knowledge that they will all be reunited one day, but my heart is breaking for everyone who knew and loved her.
I am grateful for every moment I have to spend with my kids, and my husband. They are everything to me.
Okay, I'm sad now. Wow, what can you say? I will keep her family in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteoh this is sad.
ReplyDeleteI will try to savor tomorrow better--I didn't do so well today. we will keep them in our prayers.