Happy Birthday Shawn!!! Shawn is officially 8, which of course means big, BIG things! #1 - Baptism... We are shooting for the first Saturday in March, so we want everyone who is in town to come on over & "set a spell" with us! It will no doubt be fun and food filled! #2 - Scouts! Even though he is a little bit nervous, there is no question that Shawn will absolutely love scouts once he gets going. He is all boy, and will love doing boy things... he gets stuck here with all of us girls who just don't get it sometimes :). Small Paul just isn't quite up to speed on these things yet!
As a new year is upon us, I am trying to look ahead, rather than behind, and think about some goals I'd like to see us accomplish as a family. I take on this responsibility because otherwise our family goals would include things like "play more Wii, chat with online friends we just saw at school, or book more gigs"
Last year our big goal was to never miss a FHE, and I am so proud to say that we made it!!!! I was less proud when Reagan asked me this morning why we stopped having them - she thought it had been for-ever. No Reagan, we've just had some Family away from home evenings... the Temple, a movie night, Sea World etc... these things still count right? Geesshk - I'd like to see her come up with 52 lessons & treats & battle plans for getting through a traditional FHE in this house!
This year goals :
#1 is for Paul & I to go to the Temple, and to start the process to be sealed. We have to have permission from the First Presidency for it to happen, but I'm feeling confident!
#2 is to continue our winning streak with FHE, and to also make sure we have family prayer EVERY day. This one should be easy, and we are probably making it happen about 60% of the time, but I want to try for 100% this year. I know it strengthens us as a family and provides a solid footing for the kids as they grow into adulthood.
#3 is to make healthier food choices and exercise more! I have got to get the kids to eat better - any tips? They are quite the stubborn bunch, and out of fear that they will famish someone (who shall remain nameless) will disregard my "this is what we are having so you need to eat at least some of it" statement and drive to 4 different fast food places. I think our next FHE may involve a viewing of SuperSize me.
#4 is to learn to use my new, exciting, full of many tricks camera! My one trick is demonstrated above (poorly but whatever). See how the background is all blurry? I meant to do that - no really - not like when I change our dinner to "cajun style" because I'm on facebook.
In an effort to keep #4 I will end this quickly - cajun style lasagna isnt fun for anyone!
#4
Those are awesome goals. If you can do FHE for a whole year, you can do anything! You make me want to stop feeding Hanne corndogs every day.
ReplyDeleteLaura...you are so impressive! I think my new year's resolution is that I want to become more like you!
ReplyDelete