Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wrapping up Christmas vacation



Christmas vacation is now over - sob - and the kids go back to school on Monday. Not wanting to waste any of those last, precious moments we headed out again! One more trip to Disneyland, followed by our first trip to Legoland. We stopped for a moment to bond with the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and told him that we too are always late for our important dates!









We were cruising through the park we ran into Woody & Jessie from Toy Story! While Shelby & Reagan were there to get their autographs, Woody & Jessie played with Small Paul's spikey hair. The girls are on a mission to get EVERYONE'S autograph.






How cute are the Pauls? Small Paul LOVES the Small World ride, so we never miss it. I am not a huge fan of this ride, but I'm working on it for his sake. I used to like it, but I think I hit my limit on the song somewhere in my teens and haven't been able to re-embrace it quite yet. Luckily it is really cute right now because it is still decorated for Christmas and they also change up the song a bit.





On to Legoland where Savannah met a really nice guy! We explained to both of them that she can't date for 3 1/2 more years, and I think he will wait!






Sadly, a land shark tried to eat Shelby, but Superhero Shawn-E-Boy and his faithful sidekick Savannah were able to pull her out in the nick of time!


Legoland was very cool, much more so than Paul or I expected. We have had the tickets for quite awhile, and they were going to expire so we figured we should go, hoping to just have a nice day. I have to say that all of the gagillion lego structures, people, animals, cars (a full sized volvo suv) and artwork throughout the park were utterly amazing. I personally am limited to building simple boxes and calling them a house, or a garage - so I was especially impressed! We were there all day & only got to hit MAYBE half of the rides, but we only had to wait in one line, there was just alot to see & do. There is an aquarium next door and a water park too - maybe next time we will go for two days so we can do it all. We are able to get tickets through a friend and they are actually good for two days, but we had to get the kids back. The whole family had alot of fun & we are so glad we went. We were talking on the way home and thought that Liam & Drew would have a blast here if it could be squeezed in next time they are out. We all had alot of fun, but it is totally a busy little boy's dream destination!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Hey, I'm in Dallas, TX right now. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing there? Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura and Paul... this is Rochelle and Ben Mathews (Barry's son, Ben). Glad we found your blog! Looks like you guys are having fun!!! Our blog is:
    rochelleandben.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - I'm glad you found us too! I was going to friend request you on facebook, but I keep forgetting. Maybe now that the kids are back in school I'll regain some brain function?

    ReplyDelete