Sunday, January 17, 2010

Aquarium of the Pacific



Even though it appears from first glance that we are attempting to establish residency at Disneyland, there are actually lots of other things we like to do too. One thing we like alot is going to Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. There is so much to do there - pet the rays, pet the sharks, touch all kinds of tide pool dwelling creatures like starfish, sea cucumbers, and other things with long names I cannot spell. A couple of years ago for Paul's birthday he and Savannah the were able to go "behind the scenes" and learn all about taking care of Sea Otters, which was really cool! They even got to feed them!





Another fun activity at the aquarium (for some of us at least) is the Lorikeet Forest, which is a huge enclosed area where you get to feed the lorikeets. This may sound exciting, and the kids & Paul really love it, but for anyone who does not know this about me... I am terrified of birds. Really hate them, I can't help it - they completely creep me out. I'm not really bothered by any of the normal things - reptiles, rodents, whatever, but birds - YIKES! So, in an effort to raise well rounded children I brave the forest ducking & bobbing to avoid the birds zooming past my head on a mission (I'm sure) to peck my eyes out. This time I had to add protecting the baby to the equation and it was quiet an exhausting event for me, but the kids all had fun...



Scary - you can't convince me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment